Thursday, August 13, 2009

Randall My Bro.

Hey Randall. I can only imagine what you are going through right now. My thoughts and prayers have been with you and your family since I heard the news.

As a Fireman, I am somewhat de-sensitized to human tragedy…..it is a self-defense and preservation mechanism as I have seen so much over the course of my years in the service. The news of your accident hit me very hard. It is very personal. I worried, I was restless, I was teary eyed. I texted and emailed people constantly looking for the most current news. I’ve had moments of “phew, I’m glad there is some good news” fallowed by

“oh s**t, I hope the next update is better”

You are my friend, my neighbor, and just an all around good guy to be buds with. The image of you raising a glass to say hi, with a smile and your backward kangol hat is something I hope to see again soon. The image of Terri smiling and shaking her head at you cuz you were dressed up as Honest Abe Lincoln makes me smile. I’m looking forward to the days ahead when we can play a round of golf, share a laugh, a drink and just sit back to absorb the good things around us.

One night in particular, I was nervous, could not sleep, so I googled your name. It lead me to see the beautiful things you have created. It lead me to see how much beauty and talent you have shared with the world. Hurry back, that part of the world misses you.

For now, just get the rest you need. Get well. Get strong. Get ready for the rest of your life. Don’t worry about anything, Barry is doing one heck of a job on the yard!

As always, If you ever need anything, or if your family needs anything, Amanda and I are just a few steps away. As a friend I would expect you to ask without reservation. I miss you brother….see you not soon enough.

May God heal, protect and bless you my bro.

Your Friend and Neighbor,

Gary.

PS- We got new neighbors who seem very cool, I already invited them to your welcome home party.