Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Encouragement from Donald Toomim

Teri and family;

I have reached out to several people and churches I know to wrap you and Randall with prayer. I know from experience how challenging this may be, and also how much the prayers of others got me through a difficult time when my wife was in surgery and the ICU. I am giving you that which was given in grace to me.

I think of Randall and you at work and each night in my meditations before going to sleep. It will all work out better than you think.

I have had a minor brain injury from bicycle accidents, and my brother had several serious ones while sailing and working on boats. My brother was not able to put a wrench on a nut after the last one, and had many of the frustrations and anger that goes along with a TBI. My father is a scientist, and has developed a leading edge instrument that my brother was able to use to heal his injury in about 30 sessions of 20 minute duration. If they had used Brain Power I think the results would have taken less time.

The instrument is called a Hemoencephlagrah, or HEG. It works by measuring the blood flow in the brain in particular areas, and, using this feedback, people are able to increase the blood and nutrients in the damaged area. The area regrows and heals, and function returns. My father has done many clinical studies over the last 10 years, and has used it for everything from Autism to Schizophrenia, with positive results. He is a pioneer and one of the "founding fathers" in the field of biofeedback and neurofeedback. He is a warm and kind man, and will help you in any way he can. When you are ready, you can call him at 800-246-3526.
Donald Toomim
Vitalityenterprises
Supporting the best people becoming their best.
707-206-2850 cell or 800-531-0525