Sunday, August 30, 2009

Rejoicing in your wonderful progress.

Dear Randall and Teri, Andy Abbott just sent me your blogging report. That is just great! God does work in mysterious ways, his wonders to perform! Randall, you have been in my prayers two to three times daily, asking for your full recovery from your head injury. I shall continue to hold you up for the completion of your healing, including removal of your tracheotomy tube and cure of your pneumonitis (lung infection).
Well I remember the years of choir practices under Arlyn Brewster, when you and i were fellow tenors; If I arrived late, Arlyn would say, "Wayne Wertz, you're late. Tell us a joke!" And I can still envision you at the OK Corrall class sitting at the table with Mildred May, with your long hair. To paraphrase Garrision Keelor: Get well, do good works, and keep in touch.
Wayne Wertz, M.D.