Monday, September 7, 2009

Terri Please Read

Terri,
First let me say how thankful I am that Randall is doing better. If I may also be transparent on my feelings.....there was a time I thought Randall was headed for life support. I thought things were headed to one of life's most difficult decisions. I was shaken and restless to my core. Today I can breath easier knowing a husband will come home, a friend will once again call and a neighbor will once again wave hello.
I have heard about the continued misfortune in your lives. A stark contrast from one year ago when we had dinner parties and Halloween and fellowship. It seem just the other day you were introducing me to your place and showing me that beautiful house. Again, I am saddened and feel somewhat helpless in these matters. Helpless is an emotion very foreign to me since 70% of my life I fix, patch, heal, help or console others. I am comfortable in crisis but not now. I feel like the network around you is so strong that I have chosen to (for lack of a better term) keep my distance and allow time to heal. I have chosen not to see Randall because of my familiarity with his type of injury and the sensory overload that too much "stuff" can cause. No where near the sevarity, but my several concussions had me in a state of wanting quiet time and a "leave me be" state. It is out of LOVE for the both of you that I have not been too much of a present factor.
However, I feel compelled in my heart of hearts to make you an unconditional offer. I would like to offer you and your family the entire top floor of my house.Randall and you would never deal with stairs. I will build a wheelchair ramp to my front door. I have the tools and wood is cheap. Rent/ worry free. Master bed/bath, Guest rooms (2) and guest bath. As you may or may not know, the older tenants had a handicapped family member. My shower is tiled out with a completely flat floor. No steps. Also it is equipped with stainless steel hold handles and a built in seat. A removable shower head will ease in bathing. Also Randall can come home to a place familiar to him....heck, Randall and I watched cheech and chong in my basement!!!!
As many may come and go as they please.As many may stay.Move as much furniture in as you please. We are young with no kids and very limited obligations. Our lifestyle at this stage is very flexible. My job being the exception. We(Amanda and I) have a very comfortable basement with private bedroom and bath to stay in. We have a separate unfinished "dog room" for our dearly loved dogs to stay in. I ask nothing in return, I ask no sort of compensation ....except to be of service.
Respectfully, Your Friend and Neighbor,
Gary Vaughn
714-469-0304 cell
719-266-8455 home